You must meet the following requirements to be admitted to the HACBA e-mail group:
(1) Membership. You must be a dues paying HACBA member. The following membership categories are available.
(a) General Membership. General members must be an attorney (or staff member) that primarily represents debtors (rather than creditors) in bankruptcy proceedings.
(b) Associate Membership. Associate membership is available to attorneys, bankruptcy trustees, bankruptcy judges or court officials (or staff members) that do not primarily represent debtors.
Employees of collection agencies, creditor companies, or persons with no connection to the Houston bankruptcy community will not be admitted. Anonymous requests for admission will not be approved.
Send an e-mail message to [email protected] indicating that you have mailed the application & check. Your admission will be approved immediately if the Yahoo Public ID information is correct.
(3) Location. A member of your firm must be admitted to practice law in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Exception – active bankruptcy trustees and sitting judges do not need to be admitted to practice law as a requirement for membership.
(4) Yahoo Public ID. You must maintain a Yahoo Public ID that contains, at a minimum, the following information:
(a) Your real name (full first & last name; no nick names or handles); and
(b) The “Occupation” section of the Yahoo Public ID must identify you as:
● debtor attorney or staff;
● creditor attorney or staff;
● trustee attorney or staff; or
● judge, court official or staff.
If you have any questions of need help please call or e-mail – William Weber, Weber Law Firm, P.C., 713-789-3300, [email protected]